I had an idea to knit one project from every issue of Knitty (a free quarterly online knitting magazine). I’ve made several things from Knitty already, and have several more in my Ravelry queue. Going through the Knitty archives, turns out there are a few issues that I’m not crazy about, or wouldn’t knit anything from, I think. I’m not sure though, which is where your input would be helpful.
Here’s my list so far:
- Fall 2002
- Winter 2002 – Voodoo Wrist Warmers.
- I made these for Kaity for Christmas a couple of years ago. I think she’d lost them by Valentine’s Day. She gets to make her own replacement pair.
- Spring 2003
- Summer 2003 – Broadripple Socks
- Fall 2003
- Winter 2003 – Coronet Hat
- Spring 2004 – Cut Your Teeth Socks
- Summer 2004
- Fall 2004 – Clapotis
- I made this for our trip to Scotland, where it came in very handy. I’ve been wearing it this winter as an extra-warm scarf.
- Winter 2004
- Spring 2005
- Summers 2005
- Fall 2005 – Falling Leaves Socks
- Winter 2005 – Pomatomus Socks / Thuja Socks
- Spring 2006 – Hedera Socks
- Summer 2006 – RPM Socks / Universal Toe-Up Socks / Widdershins Socks.
- The RPMs were my Highland Reel socks.
- Fall 2006 – Diamante Socks
- Winter 2006 – Monkey Socks.
- Love these. The pattern is easy and the yarn soft and beautiful.
- Spring 2007
- Summer 2007 – Sweetpea Socks
- Fall 2007 – Back to Basics Socks
- Winter 2007 – Azure Socks
Spring 2008 – Froot Loop Sock
- Summer 2008 – Ziggy Socks
- Fall 2008
- Winter 2008
- Spring 2009 – Reverie
- I wanted a hat to go with my Clapotis, and was considering trying to design a beret with dropped stitches that would mimic the Clapotis pattern. Turns out, someone else already did!
Notice there are several issues for which I haven’t yet chosen a pattern, which presents an opportunity to ask for input from other knitters. Working backwards, I’ll start with the Winter 2008 issue of Knitty. I’ve selected 5 possibilities, so the question is:
What Should I Knit - Knitty Winter 2008?
Check out the patterns, and then come back and vote! The poll will be open until May 11, and the pattern with the most votes will be next on my list.