This is the one recipe I got from my mother. It’s amazingly simple, and incredibly yummy. It really hits the spot on an autumny Sunday afternoon. The trick is the can of water. It makes the roast extremely tender.
- 2 – 3 lb pot roast
- 1 can condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed Cream of Celery soup
- 8 medium potatoes
- 2 8 oz containers of mushrooms
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 medium onion
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Wash and cube potatoes into bite sized pieces
- Wash and cut carrots into bite sized pieces
- Cut onion into 1/8ths, seperate layers
- Wash mushrooms
Pour both cans of condensed soup and 1 can of water into the roasting pan; mix well. Add roast and vegetables into roasting pan; cover. Place roasting pan into oven and cook until potatoes and carrots are soft and meat is done through, about 2 – 2 1/2 hours. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a good loaf of crusty whole wheat or sourdough bread.